The need for continuous learning has never been more pronounced. As industries rapidly evolve, laws change, and new technologies reshape how we conduct business, executives must stay informed and adaptable.
Continuous learning is essential for success in the ever-evolving business and executive leadership landscape. Executives must commit to pursuing knowledge, skills, and innovative thinking to stay competitive and thrive in an increasingly complex market.
Committing to lifelong learning is an investment in one’s career, as it fosters the development of critical skills, enhances decision-making abilities, and bolsters professional reputation.
Professional organizations play a crucial role in providing education opportunities, enabling them to enhance their expertise, expand their networks, and stay ahead of the curve. Whether via discounted courses, mentorship programs with industry experts, or access to member-only classes and certifications, professional associations are an excellent way to stay ahead.
In this guide, we’ll explore the value of continuous learning and highlight some professional associations offering exclusive courses, seminars, webinars, and other services tailored to executive education.
Society for Human Resources Management
Membership Fees: starting at $249 annually
As the world’s largest human resource professional society, SHRM is dedicated to promoting career development and advancing education for those in HR roles. Membership provides access to a wealth of resources and learning opportunities, including:
- SHRM eLearning platform with self-paced courses
- SHRM On Demand with over 700 recorded sessions from major conferences
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP professional development credits and certificates
- SHRM People Manager Qualification Program, teaches managers how to build and cultivate a high-performing team
- SHRM Books
- SHRM Essentials of HR Program
- SHRM Better Workplaces Virtual Retreat, a free day of learning from thought-leaders in the HR industry to create a better workplace
Learn more about The Society for Human Resource Management here.
American Marketing Association
Membership Fees: $149 annually
In the realm of marketing and communications, the American Marketing Association provides its members with an extensive array of learning opportunities. From on-demand webinars and virtual conferences to in-person workshops and certification programs, the AMA equips marketing professionals with the following educational benefits:
- Digital Marketing Pro program, allows members to become dually certified with the AMA and DMI with two credentials: PCM® Digital Marketing and Certified Digital Marketing Professional.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing, a 16-month virtual advanced curriculum for senior professionals
- AMA On-Demand Training
- AMA Professional Certification
- AMA Academic Journals
Learn more about The American Marketing Association here.
Association for Talent Development
Membership Fees: starting at $279 annually
ATD is a professional association for those working in talent development, including training and human resources. ATD has members from over 100 countries and operates in organizations of all sizes and industries. Educational resources include:
- The Talent Development Capability Model, creates a personalized learning plan
- Over 170 online courses
- Access to a Professional Development Specialist
- 3 Master programs
- 42 certificates
- Two ATD Certifications
Learn more about The Association for Talent Development here.
Membership Fees: $8,900 annually
COO Alliance is a premier professional association that provides continuous learning opportunities explicitly tailored for Chief Operating Officers (COOs). Recognizing the unique challenges and responsibilities that high-level executives face, it offers a range of resources and programs designed to help develop skills, expand knowledge, and grow as leaders. These include:
- Access to the COO Fortune Series™
- Access to COO Coach Access, 12 monthly sessions to learn from globally renowned executives
- Accountability Groups for brainstorming and accountability sessions
- Access to COOflix, a member-only video library of archived guest speakers and COO presentations
Learn more about COO Alliance here.
Membership Fees: starting at $450 annually
CompTIA, short for the Computing Technology Industry Association, is a leading global non-profit trade association that serves the information technology industry. With a mission to advance the interests of IT professionals and organizations, CompTIA focuses on four primary areas: education, certification, advocacy, and philanthropy, giving members access to the following:
- Four IT certification series, for all skill sets
- eLearning with CertMaster Learn™
- Interactive Labs with CertMaster Labs™
- Exam Prep with CertMaster Practice™
- Official CompTIA Content books
- Instructor-Led Training
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Learn more about CompTIA here.
Wealth comes in many forms, and for those actively engaged in a career, the accumulation of knowledge is an invaluable resource. By joining professional organizations constantly committed to learning, professionals can access a wealth of resources and learning opportunities that will help them stay ahead of the curve.